Publishing Print Matters welcomes submissions from authors and agents of manuscripts relevant to its imprints: Print Matters (art & craft), Print Matters Planet (environment), Scamp Fiction, Bumble Books (childrens).
Print Matters Art & Craft and Heritage submissions
Please remember, Print Matters (art & craft) only considers publication of books on South African Art and Craft with a specific focus on those artists and craftspeople who have been overlooked or marginalised by fashion, politics or commercialism.
Our selection process favours a non-academic approach with an emphasis on multi-narrative texts - for example, the story of an artist's creative development seen against personal, social and political history.
General manuscript publication proposals:
PLEASE DO NOT SEND THE COMPLETE MANUSCRIPT
Please ensure that your name and book title appear as a running head at the top of each page.
· one page overview - 300 words max. double line-spaced
· your book in a paragraph - 100 words max. double line-spaced
· your book in a sentence - 10 -15 words max. double line-spaced
2. CHAPTER-BY-CHAPTER OUTLINE
· chapter title (if applicable) and essence - 50 words max. per chapter double line-spaced
3. SAMPLE CHAPTERS
· 3 sample chapters OR maximum 50 pages - double line-spaced
4. ABOUT YOU
· why are you right for writing this story - max 100 words max. double line-spaced
· what do you personally or professionally add value to the writing of this book - 100 words max. double line-spaced not a cv, please
· who is your reader?
· how do you see your book?
· does your book have any competitive publications?
· why is your book important and what value will it add?
6. CLOSING PAGE
· how long to complete
· word count
· any photographs or illustrations (maps etc)
· does your text quote verbatim from published texts and/or interview sources
Please note: Print Matters does not supply Readers' Reports on submitted manuscripts.
Submissions may be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow at least six to eight weeks for a response.